Monday, July 4, 2011

Welcome to my blog...pardon the mess and contruction

So I finally jumped into the water (please note that I cannot swim and must therefore use a floatie device that strongly resembles Snoopy).

Until I figure out all this stuff, a little about me. I'm old. Okay 45 isn't old I just thought I'd make you think and wonder. I am from Texas and much to my displeasure the only of my siblings not born in Texas (you have no idea how much this annoys me). I am a veteran of the US Army Military Police Corps...that's pronounced Core not corpse, please note. I am a veteran of the Persian Gulf War back in 91.

Drum roll...short history. Born, got to New Mexico near the Texas border where my mother's family lived, moved to Texas when mom got married the second time, grew up (sort of), joined the army before graduation on the delayed entry program, graduated, left for basic training to be a Military Police Officer, met my father while in training (long story, I'm sure you'll hear it at some point), stationed in cold war Germany from Dec 86 to April 88, left the Army for 11 months and discovered I missed something I was damn good at, signed up for the Reserves while in college (Texas Tech University Guns Up), went to war, figured out I was one) gay and two) a freaking lousy student, three not very good at relationships. Landed in DFW area since my older sis lived here, helped for a year or so with her three kids, watched them move, flew to Milwaukee to help my step mom while my Da (Irish slang for father) was sick with lung cancer (wait till you hear those rants), buried my Da, came back to Dallas, wrote a couple or three books that were actually published by small presses and worked security for hotels.

Now I can say I'm getting better with the whole relationship thing (or maybe not, you'd have to ask Allison, the woman I wish I could marry in my home state instead of going elsewhere), still working hotel security, still writing and still talking and thinking.

So welcome to my world, and my thoughts. I warn you...some days I am a cartoon character, some days my thoughts are dark, some days I don't have a thought at all.


1 comment:

  1. Bring it on. I'm looking forward to dark thoughts and all.

    ReplyDelete