Sunday, July 17, 2011

Musing for the Week

Ok, it's been a long week. I picked up a sinus infection which required a doctor's visit and meds and a *gasp* shot. Those of you who served with me will laugh knowing that yes I got light headed when I was shown the needle. I do have to say the lady who pumped my butt full of antibiotics was very good at it and it didn't actually hurt. I managed not to pass out.

However the sinus pills, the horse pill anti biotics and steroid laced inhaler give me some freaking wild dreams. They could make a book if I could remember them.

This week has been budget crisis and world cup soccer. Go Ladies, good luck to both teams but I'd like the US women to win, just because for the first time in a long time they are under dogs. I like the under dog teams, those are the teams with the most heart, they have nothing much to lose and everything to win.  Budget crisis. It took a lot to get us here and it wasn't just one party, so people from both parties quit your bitching and just get it done.

I say for the record that I am a democrat who believes in a strong military (I know oxymoron but it happens) fiscal responsiblilty but with responsiblity from all sides. How is it that I have to pay my taxes and yet big business doesn't, those making over 350K a year don't and mega corporations don't? As I understand it and yes, I've read the books on this one, the President (and no I don't agree with everything he does) wants to restore the pre Bush tax levels for those who make more than 350k. How is that raising taxes? The simple answer is that is doesn't, it simply takes those cuts away from them. Got news for those who buy into scare tactics from members of both parties who don't agree with this...at some point you have to pay for your fair share, there are still loopholes you can hide money in. If I were to win a mondo lottery tomorrow I would still pay the taxes on it, and not try to scurry it away. How much money does a person need to live anyway? You want all the security that tax money brings but you don't want to pay your fair share? Shaking my head.

For those of you who follow blindly and believe everything you read on FOX News...the cliff is just over the hill...beware the hill and quit following the butt in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment