Friday, March 1, 2019

So, for those who obviously don't know how Facebook works.

Your page is your page. You post things you want to post or share on your page. Those posts go into the "news feed" that your friends can see. You can chose to respond or you can keep on scrolling.

I go in to this because today a person who exists on my friends list (don't ask why this person is on my list, suffice to say it's a long story and has to do with respect for others) FB IM'd me yet again with another one of their memes. Now keep in mind that I have asked politely repeatedly that this person not do this. We have polar opposite ideas. Also keep in mind that I do not IM this person except to respond to IMs or for birthday/holiday wishes. I don't go to this person's page and peruse what is going on in life.

Said person has used the 1st Amendment argument when I ask politely (I use the word please) that their meme not be IM'd to me. I don't care what you share with others, just don't include me on your list. I will relay again that the 1st Amendment states that the government will not come get you when you disagree at any level with what they are or are not doing. That's pretty much it.

Said person states that I use a "double standard". Well, actually no I don't. I'm an asshole a lot of time. But, I'm an asshole on MY FB page. I don't post on this person's FB page and have not been an asshole on this person's page. That would be a double standard.

I try very hard not to go playing in someone else's sandbox. I don't always succeed, but I try. I used to be very bad about that, but then about three years ago I put a friend on FB in the uncomfortable position of having to defend themselves because of my words (which truly were poorly chosen and completely wrong). I try very hard not to do that again. I don't always succeed.

If I disagree with someone, I usually tend to shake my head or roll my eyes, then I scroll right along. I don't need to agree with you. I don't need to publicly disagree with you.

If I truly, truly disagree with you I'll put you on block, or unfriend you. Simple. I will also block or unfriend if you enter the "zero talking room" or "holier than thou" zones. Which means if you call others out for things that I know you have done or still do, yep gone and I'll let you know why you are gone.

And then there's the passive/aggressive thing...don't poke the bear and then get all pissy when I get mad at you or call you on it.

If I hurt someone's feeling or piss you off accidentally I'll apologize and mean it. If I poke the bear on purpose I have no business apologizing. I own it when I purposely piss someone off.

And just for the record, to this person, if you say you are going to block or unfriend me, please go right ahead and unass my area of operation. It will not hurt my feelings.


 


1 comment:

  1. Well said. Especially, 'unass' my area of operation. LOL

    ReplyDelete