Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ahh life is good

Allison is back home. For the first time in ten days I can sleep without reaching across the bed and wake up thinking "where'd she go?"

It occurred to me that I love having my life entwined with another. The woman's a saint, she puts up with me, she encourages me, she makes me laugh (and people think she's the quiet one in the family. Ha.), she helps take care of her family and mine.

I also realized how lucky I am. My in laws are fantastic. I sent my mother in law a get well bunch of flowers and it came with a stuffed bear. I mean who doesn't like teddy bears. So mom called and thanked me for the thought and the gift, I told her that they had to name said bear.

Allison called me the following day with the name update. After much consideration and odd looks my father in law officially named the bear. His name is now Robear. I should point out that Allison and mom and dad call me Ro. I honestly wish I could have seen dad's face when the lightbulb turned on. I do have to say I know where Allison got her quirky sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment